The Good Samaritan paying the Host; Moses with the Tablets of the Law
circa 1600 - circa 1850
Place of origin
BelgiumOrder this image
Felbrigg, Norfolk (Accredited Museum)
In the 1840s the Great Hall was radically altered. Heavy oak door-cases were installed, a new ceiling with huge wooden pendants was fitted and these stained glass windows dating from 1450 to the 19th century were added. Today the glass creates beautiful patterns on the walls and floor in the afternoon sunlight.
A stained glass panel. It contains a fragment of a head and two Flemish roundels depicting: The Good Samaritan paying the Host and Moses with the Tablets of the Law. It includes the arms of Windham and Hervey, Victorian, which are both set in Victorian diaper fields.
Part of the stained glass collection amassed in the mid-nineteenth century by William Howe Windham (1802-1854) Part of the Windham Collection. The hall and contents were bequeathed to the National Trust in 1969 by Robert Wyndham Ketton-Cremer (1906-1969).