One of the finest 17th-century houses in Norfolk, Felbrigg Hall was the home of the Windham family and its successors for 300 years. The house itself has a distinguished and varied pedigree. The Jacobean entrance front, built mainly in 1620, is attributed to Robert Lyminge, architect of Hatfield House and Blickling. A west wing was added in 1674-86 to the designs of William Samwell, who remodelled Ham House, with interior plasterwork by Edward Goudge. In 1751-6 the Palladian architect James Paine designed a service wing, Gothic library, staircase and several rooms, with interior decoration by Joseph Rose. In 1840, the great hall was remodelled in a neo-Jacobean style by J.C. and G. Buckler. The park is renowned for its trees, many of which were planted by William Windham in the 17th century. The park also features an octagonal dovecote and an early 18th-century orangery.