Stained glass panel
1500 - 1814
Lyme, Cheshire (Accredited Museum)
A panel of stained glass with a central image of the Legh of Lyme crest; a ram's head above a ducal coronet with a slip of laurel in its mouth. Bordered by a variety of fragments.
The majority of stained glass at Lyme Park was originally made to be displayed in St Mary's Church, Disley. Some of this glass was removed in the early nineteenth century by Thomas Legh and re-housed in the Drawing Room and Porter's lodge probably during Wyatt's 1814 remodelling. Other fragments may be European in origin dating from a range of periods; Thomas Legh collected these on his travels abroad.
Marks and inscriptions