Mahogany, fitted with brass
74.5 x 54 x 45.5 cm
Place of origin
Sizergh Castle, Cumbria
A mahogany pot cupboard, English, circa 1770, having a top with low shaped gallery pierced with handles, above a pair of doors enclosing a cupboard, all above a commode drawer with very large brass handle, the drawer supported on half the front legs, which draw out with it, the four legs of square-section and fitted on castors.
Given by Henry Hornyold Strickland (1890 – 1975) with Sizergh Castle and its estates in 1950.
Marks and inscriptions
Drawer lining: 'coachman stables'