A boy's cream muslin short sleeved dress. The hem is scalloped and decorated with embroidered flowers. The cuffs and the neck are trimmed with crocheted material. The bodice and skirt are both decorated with embroidered flowers, leaves and butterflies. Along the top edge of the sleeves, the cuffs, above the hem, and running down the centre of the bodice is a woven mesh strip. The dress fastens at the back with three mother-of-pearl buttons.
Donated to the Museum of Childhood by Mrs J Haines in 1993. The clothes had belonged to Leo Rowlands (1914 -1938) and Malcolm Rowlands (1922 -1942) and were made by a seamstress who visited the Rowlands' house two days each week to make clothes for the family.