Sundial plinth under Tiw or Tyr statue . Comprising four faces with dials and bronze gnomon, front carved with a lion, a rose and a fleur-de-lys. The pedestal is not original to the statue. Of the gnomon attached to the plinth, only one is now original and three are new replacements. The three originals that have been replaced are in store.
From the gardens at Stowe. Bequeathed to the National Trust by Huttleston Rogers Broughton, 1st Lord Fairhaven (1896-1966) with the house and the rest of the contents.