Stained glass panel
Lyme, Cheshire (Accredited Museum)
A stained glass panel depicting a shield with the Arms of Legh of Adlington impaling those of Chicheley, with Legh crest above, dated 1661. Stained and enamelled oval surround of leaf pattern.
Originally located in St Mary's Church, Disley. Removed in the early nineteenth century probably during the 1814 remodelling, by Thomas Legh and re-housed in the Drawing Room.
Marks and inscriptions
1661 (painted on to a fictive label below the coat of arms)