A mahogany bureau bookcase, English, circa 1775 the top section with a broken swan neck pediment with scrolled terminals an pierced trellis work above a pair of astragal glazed doors enclosing shelves. The burea with a cross banded fall enclosing a fitted interior of drawers and pigeon holes around a cupboard door and with two short and three long drawers below, raised on bracket feet. With oval cast brass ring handles
Part of the Windham Collection. The hall and contents were bequeathed to the National Trust in 1969 by Robert Wyndham Ketton-Cremer (1906-1969).