SilverOrder this image
Erddig, Wrexham (Accredited Museum)
Epergne dish support. One of four branch supports for circular fluted dishes, part of a George III rococo epergne. The epergne is on a spreading oval stem pierced and chased with trelliswork, scroll shells on four scroll and shell feet, with pierced 'aprons' between, supporting central boat-shaped basket pierced with trellis and arabesque panels, scroll border; eight branches for four smaller circular baskets and four fluted dishes with pierced scroll border. The dishes engraved with arms of Yorke impaling Cust. Maker's mark T.B., London 1767.
Given by Phillip Yorke III (1905-1978) along with the estate, house and contents to the National Trust in 1973