Oak, elm, softwood, brass, iron, paper lining
171.5 x 145.5 x 55 cm
Place of origin
England, NorthernOrder this image
An oak court cupboard, late 17th century, probably North Country. The upper section with a moulded cornice with a pair of pendant corner finials and above a pair of fielded panelled cupboard doors enclosing a raised rear shelf, either side of a panel with geometric mouldings. The lower section carved to the top rail with stylised interlaced lunettes and fitted with a pair of cupboard doors, each of three fielded panels. The ends panelled. Raised on extended stile supports. With iron locks and brass handles. The backboard later.
Given by Philip Yorke III (1905-1978) along with the estate, house and contents to the National Trust in 1973.