DER RHEIN. Mainz, Dom, Ostseite.
232 mm (H)190 mm (W)
Place of origin
MainzOrder this image
Photograph of a large church or cathedral with four spires and open space in foreground with tramlines. On left is building with striped sentry box outside and eight soldiers in line. People sit and stand along tramlines with large baskets of produce and umbrellas, only two unfurled bottom left of photograph. An abandoned barrow with produce and dog bottom right. Contained in a dark blue cloth bound photograph album, textured to look like leather, the spine and corners in olive brown with gold tooling. 1903 (?)
A gift from the Hon. Gerald Agar-Robartes, 7th Viscount Clifden, who gave Lanhydrock to the National Trust in 1953.
Marks and inscriptions
(printed at bottom of photograph) Verlag der Neuen Photogr. Gesellschaft A.G./Berlin-Steglitz 1903. (and in centre) DER RHEIN. Mainz, Dom, Ostseite. 2