A mahogany night commode, English, circa 1860. With a flame mahogany panel, brass carrying handles and plinth, the hinged lid opening to a white ceramic chamber pot (NT LAN.C.797).
Originally at Borthwick Hall, Midlothian. Loaned to the National Trust by Mrs. N. Trinick in 1971. After her death in 1998 the loan was converted to a gift by her family who wanted the commode to stay at Lanhydrock.