This bed was constructed c.1850 from earlier elements and is typical of the composite furniture created for the house at this time. It incorporates heraldic symbols and the arms of the Paston family.
An oak half tester bedstead, English / Flemish, constructed circa 1850 incorporating earlier elements the canopy with molded edge and egg and dart carved edge and frieze carved with arabesques and putti in low relief. The front centered by two putti holding a shield with further carved putti to the corners and with twin S scrolled apron. The head board centered by a perched falcon and gilt crown dated 1550 within segmented quarter panels and dentil edge. The panels framed with gadrooned moldings with other panels and mythical beasts all flanked by half twist turned pilasters. The foot board with three falcons and putti playing pipes sitting on lions, the cresting rises to a painted coat-of-arms, displaying the fleur-de-lys of the Paston family, with three eagle supports, two putti on lions passant either side. The six plain panels held by square section posts with figural carving. Reconstructed, extensive alterations
By descent from 6th Baronet. Part of the Bedingfeld Collection.