A mahogany cylinder bureau, late 18th century, Dutch or French. Quarter-veneered throughout, and with a retractable cylinder enclosing a fitted interior of pigeonholes and drawers arranged around a central cupboard door inlaid with the cipher 'PR' beneath a crown and above a pair of antlers. Above three long drawers. With shaped aprons and cabriole legs.
Listed in the Inventory taken at Wimpole in 1965 in Drawing Room No. 1 (p. 4). Date of acquisition not recorded, but probably acquired by George Bambridge (1892 - 1943) and Elsie Bambridge (1896 - 1976), who purchased a largely empty Wimpole in 1938. The hall and contents were bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976 by Elsie Bambridge.