An ebony, rosewood, ivory and floral marquetry table cabinet, the interior probably earlier than the 18th century exterior. The top and sides inlaid with lines, the doors with floral marquetry within Rococo cartouche-type borders to both sides. The metal furniture apparently English; so too the ogee-shaped plinth base. The interior with eight drawers inlaid with fruitwood arabesques against an ebony ground, with ivory edging. The rails between the drawers with unusual chequer inlay.
Given by Henry Hornyold Strickland (1890 – 1975) with Sizergh Castle and its estates in 1950.