Oak and joined oak, the handles of brass
200.5 x 120.5 x 44 cm
Place of origin
EnglishOrder this image
Sizergh Castle, Cumbria
An oak livery cupboard, English, mid-18th century, with a moulded cornice above a pair of four-panelled doors, the uppermost pair of panels arched and fielded, the lower panels merely fielded, a pair of slender fielded panels below. The base of two pairs of short drawers, fitted with later brass bale handles. The whole raised on stile supports.
Given by Henry Hornyold Strickland (1890 – 1975) with Sizergh Castle and its estates in 1950.