An oak livery cupboard, Lancashire/Lake District, dated 1698. The frieze carved with a meandering vine of tulip-type flowerheads, and with the initial triad 'RLL' and the date '1698' either side of a rosette, above a pair of four-paneled doors above a probably later/modified lower section with long drawer.
Given by Henry Hornyold Strickland (1890 – 1975) with Sizergh Castle and its estates in 1950.
Marks and inscriptions
Frieze: 'RLL 1698'