A View of Arlington Court and St James's Church Tower from the Park
Maria Pixell (fl. 1793 -1811)
Oil painting on canvas, A View of Arlington Court and St James's Church Tower from the Park by Maria Pixell (fl. 1793 -1811), 1797. One of three views of Arlington Court by the same artist. The view is taken from the park and is framed by tall overarching trees in the foreground looking upwards across a wooded hillside towards the three-storey white stone facade of the old house, which was demolished by 1820. The tower of St James's Church rises above the treetops to the left.
Bequeathed to the National Trust with Arlington Court by Miss Rosalie Chichester (1865 – 1949)
Arlington Court, The Chichester Collection (National Trust)
Makers and roles
Maria Pixell (fl. 1793 -1811), artist