Parcel-gilt silver boat shaped vase on foot, repousse decoration of rococo scrolls, the ends sumounted by putti blowing horns (one horn missing) See DRO.S.6B for lead liner.
This item forms part of the original Drewe family collection at Castle Drogo. It was transferred to the National Trust in 2008.
Marks and inscriptions
presented to Captain Basil Drewe M.C. on the occasion of his marriage. February 27th 1919 by the Tenants and Employees of the Wadhurst Hall Estate.