205 x 277 mmOrder this image
Tintagel, Cornwall (Accredited Museum)
During the 1870’s the original hall house became the letter receiving office for the area. It was closed by 1878 after which it became known as ‘The Old Post Office’.
A rectangular metal sign written in black on beige ground under Royal crest, Licensed to Sell Postage and Inland Revenue Stamps.
Marks and inscriptions
LICENSED TO SELL/POSTAGE/AND INLAND REVENUE/STAMPS/(in small writing) B.A.T.CO. Ltd. Smethwick 336