A matched set of thirteen walnut, oak and holly strung single chairs, English, circa 1730. The back with a shaped and moulded top rail and rectangular solid splat inlaid with holly stringing. The upholstered drop in seat with shaped apron and raised on front angled cabriole legs and pointed pad feet tied by baluster stretchers, the back legs splayed and chamfered. Various alterations, the textile seat covers later.
Stourhead; given to the National Trust along with the house, its grounds, and the rest of the contents by Sir Henry Hugh Arthur Hoare, 6th Bt. (1865 – 1947) in 1946