John Augustus Richter (c.1730-after 1809) and Domineco Bartoli (fl.1761-1805)
A wooden box with a slide off lid decorated with a pasted on paper colour illustration of a bridge over a river and the name 'Richter's Anchor Blocks' with addresses in English, French, Dutch and German. On the inside of the lid is a colour printed paper label depicting the contents. The box contains 127 stone-like building blocks of various shapes and sizes, coloured in red, blue and beige. It appears that this box is incomplete as it does not contain any instruction booklets which other sets do. Total number of items is one hundred and twenty nine
Marks and inscriptions
Top of lid: Richter's/ Anchor Blocks./ Supplement to Anchor Blocks No.5 or 3A./ F.Ad. RICHTER and Cie., Rudolstadt, Nurnberg, Olten, Rotterdam, Wien, Hietzing, St. Petersburg, New York.
Makers and roles
John Augustus Richter (c.1730-after 1809) and Domineco Bartoli (fl.1761-1805), maker