circa 1750 (and later)
Marquetry inlaid walnut, glass, oak, textile
179 cm (H); 122 cm (W); 44.5 cm (D)
Place of origin
NetherlandsOrder this image
Gunby Hall Estate, Lincolnshire
A marquetry inlaid walnut display cabinet on stand, part Dutch, mid 18th century and later. The upper section from a Dutch cabinet, having a waved moulded cornice above a pair of glazed doors and with further glazed panels to the sides enclosing velvet lined shelves. The stand probably English, late 19th century, with cabriole legs and pad feet.
Gifted to the National Trust by Field Marshal Sir Archibald and Lady Montgomery Massingberd in 1944.