A joined oak court cupboard, English, dated 1674. The upper section with an overhanging frieze carved with the initials and date 'T.P.D.P.R.T 1674' above two cupboard doors carved with fluted roundels, flanking lozenge carved panels and held by turned supports. The lower section with a large pair of three panel cupboard doors, raised on stile feet, the sides also panelled. Some alteration to the internal shelves, the top board replaced.
Gifted to the National Trust by Field Marshal Sir Archibald and Lady Montgomery Massingberd in 1944.
Marks and inscriptions
On front as part of frieze: 'TPDPRT 1674'