Ormolu, enamel and steel
405 x 240 x 140 mm
Place of origin
ParisOrder this image
Attingham Park, Shropshire (Accredited Museum)
French ormolu mantel clock by Angevin of Paris, circa 1830. Ormolu case of four pillars with rectangular base and top, decorated with applied mouldings. Circular white enamel dial, painted with black Roman numerals. Blue steel Breguet hands. Ordered by the 8th Lord Berwick in 1938 and accompanied by original Maggs Brothers Ltd invoice for the amount of £4.10.00, dated 28th July 1938.
Ordered by the 8th Lord Berwick in 1938 and accompanied by original Maggs Brothers Ltd invoice for the amount of £4.10.00, dated 28th July 1938. Attingham collection; bequeathed to the National Trust with the estate, house and contents of Attingham by Thomas Henry Noel-Hill, 8th Baron Berwick (1877-1947) on 15th May 1953.
Marks and inscriptions
On dial plate: Agust 14th 1841 (or, 14th/84) John Matthews, Bishops Castle (repair marks on dial plate)
Makers and roles