MetalOrder this image
Quebec House, Kent (Accredited Museum)
On show at
This telescope belonged to Colonel Williamson who lent it to General James Wolfe during the siege of Quebec. Williamson was the commander of the Artillery at Quebec, which played an important role devastating the city itself, destroying 18 houses and a cathedral in a single day.
Telescope belonging to Colonel Williamson, commanding Artillery at Quebec and lent by him to General Wolfe.
Formerly part of the Wolfe-Aylward Collection. Previously the property of the Lovell family, decendants of Colonel Williamson. Item entered the Wolfe-Aylward collection after being acquired from the Executors of the late Colonel Lovell, C.B., R.E. (see Catalogue of the Wolfe-Aylward Collection, January 1929)