Nymph with a Herm in the form of a Satyr
Art / Sculpture
1760 - 1799
82 x 115 x 56 mm
Place of origin
FlandersOrder this image
Anglesey Abbey, Cambridgeshire (Accredited Museum)
Ivory sculpture, Nymph with a Herm in the form of a Satyr, Flemish School, late 18th century. Ivory group of a naked nymph, lightly draped, with a smiling satyr herm, on semi-circular base.
Bequeathed to the National Trust by Huttleston Rogers Broughton, 1st Lord Fairhaven (1896-1966) with the house and the rest of the contents.
Makers and roles
Flemish School, sculptor