Architecture / Features & Decoration
256 cm (Width)
Place of origin
EnglandOrder this image
Benthall Hall, Shropshire (Accredited Museum)
On show at
An oak architectural three tier panelled overmantel, English, circa 1630, elaborately carved and separated by a strapwork border, a shield with coat of arms of Benthall impaled with Cassy and Giffard to the centre, the whole flanked by elaborate pierced scrolling foliage.
Transferred to the ownership of the National Trust with the contents of Benthall Hall in the Deed Of Gift made by Mary Clemantina Benthall and dated 8th August 1958.