Architecture / Features & Decoration
3000 mm (Height) x 2340 mm (Depth)Order this image
Benthall Hall, Shropshire (Accredited Museum)
On show at
Architectural overmantel in two tiers, carved strapwork decoration to frieze, shell niches flanked by tapering columns either side of the coat of arms of Benthall impaled with Cassy. Supported on foliate consoles and fluted pilasters. 1600 (circa).
Carved circa 1600. Believed to have been commissioned by Lawrence Benthall. Transferred to the ownership of the National Trust with the contents of Benthall Hall in the Deed Of Gift made by Mary Clemantina Benthall and dated 8th August 1958.