1700 - 1730
1140 x 440 x 400 mmOrder this image
Benthall Hall, Shropshire (Accredited Museum)
On show at
One of two oak tall back chairs, narrow panelled backrest surmounted by pierced foliate scroll crest, turned and columnar uprights with floral carving and finials. Tapering panelled seat above turned baluster front legs linked by similar front stretcher. 1700 - 1730 (circa).
Made circa 1700 - 1730. Owned by Mary Clementina Benthall (1879-1960) and recorded in the 1957 list of pictures, furniture etc suggested for retention at Benthall Hall by the National Trust. Transferred to the ownership of the National Trust with the contents of Benthall Hall in the Deed Of Gift made by Mary Clementina Benthall and dated 8th August 1958. Recorded in the Inventory Of National Trust Property At Benthall Hall dated 1st October 1963