Oak, ash, softwood, brass, paint
Place of origin
Canons Ashby, Northamptonshire (Accredited Museum)
A set of five oak and ash open library bookcases, English, circa 1850. Four in the Book Room at Canons, a single bay example in the cellar.
Made by estate carpenters for Sir Henry Dryden (1818 - 1899) circa 1850. Thence by descent, and included in the auction of books and selected contents of Canons Ashby held on 3 July 1980 by Berry Bros. of Brackley, where purchased by the National Trust.