To ensure the cloth is displayed in the right environmental condition it is housed in its own casing which is automatically humidity controlled.
The Green cloth. Green baize cloth embroidered with buckram and silk with the Royal arms and cypher of William and Mary. Contemporary silvered frame. (1688-1695).
It came to Canons Ashby in 1695 via Mary Shaw, Edward Dryden's sister, widow of John Shaw, Master of the Board of the Green Cloth. A similar Cloth from the reign of Queen Anne is at Buckingham Palace.
Marks and inscriptions