Architecture / Features & Decoration
Lime plaster, earth pigments, presumed aqueous medium
1050 x 1000 mm
Greyfriars, Worcestershire (Accredited Museum)
On show at
Not on show
A pair of painted daub plaster panels, each painted with a floral/foliate design within timber studwork, although the design does not extend onto the surrounding timberwork. The painting consists of an intricate floral motif, with tendrils, stems and flowers or fruits interweaving across each panel. The design is painted largely in red ochre on a white ground, although certain elements, for example some of the flowers and fruits, are picked out in blue.
The only visible remains of the original decorative scheme in this building. Restored after uncovering in 1956, probably by Elsie Matley-Moore.