Art / Sculpture
1801 - 1899
1850 x 500 x 380 mmOrder this image
Belton House, Lincolnshire (Accredited Museum)
Carrara marble, Flora, 19th century. A marble statue of Flora, goddess of Spring and flowers, mounted on a marble plinth. Flora wears a shawl and full-length dress; the drapery of her dress is formed into a sling below her hip to hold bunches of flowers, supported by her proper left hand. He proper right hand is raised and holds a wreath of flowers (broken to a fragment). Alice Rylance-Watson October 2018
Purchased with a grant from the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) from Edward John Peregrine Cust, 7th Baron Brownlow, C. St J. (b.1936) in 1984.
Belton House, The Brownlow Collection (acquired with the help of the National Heritage Memorial Fund by the National Trust in 1994)