circa 1800 - 1820
Paint, mother of pearl, softwood, brass
108.5 x 39 x 25 cm
Place of origin
ChinaOrder this image
Belton House, Lincolnshire (Accredited Museum)
On show at
An ebonised, parcel gilt and mother of pearl inlaid chinoiserie cabinet on stand, Chinese export, probably early 19th century. The later stand, English, circa 1920. With a pair of cupboard doors enclosing an arrangement of six drawers and raised on a stand with cabriole legs. The whole decorated with floral chinoiserie designs.
Purchased with a grant from the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) from Edward John Peregrine Cust, 7th Baron Brownlow (b.1936) in 1984.