This is a miniature private coach, and it was built for General Tom Thumb while on tour in England with Barnum’s Circus in 1865.
4-wheeled, iron shod, Miniature Road Coach 1870 (circa) built for General Tom Thumb for use in Barnum's Circus during their tour of England in 1865. On mail springs. Livery black, lined in red with black leather cloth interior trim and 2 interior and 4 exterior cushions.
purchased in 1904 by Mr. Alfred Ash for his son, Graham Baron Ash, and later inherited by his daughter, Mrs. H.E. Mellor, and grand-daughter, Miss B.Y. Mellor. The coach was formerly on display at Packwood and with the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust at Wilmcote.