Coat of arms
Architecture / Features & Decoration
StoneOrder this image
The College of Arms was founded in 1484 as the sole organisation able to grant Arms in England. Until its creation the amount and number of arms created was vast but there was no central record and many duplications were made.
Square stone tablet fixed above the front door with carved coat of arms depicting a shield with a lion rampant in the centre held by two naked male supporters or possibly winged angels on either side.