Sèvres Porcelain Manufactory (established 1756)
A Sèvres vase of square section with serpents’ head handles, one of a pair, the moulded lower part painted with four oval panels of figures in landscapes, the ground enriched with blue trailing foliage and diaper-pattern borders, blue interlaced ‘L’s’ enclosing date letter ‘G’ for 1759, painters mark of Viellard.
Made in France at the Sèvres Porcelain Manufactory circa 1759. Loaned to The National Trust by The Croome Heritage Trust in December 2007.
Marks and inscriptions
Base: Blue interlace 'L's' enclosing date letter 'G' for 1759 Base: Painters mark for Viellard
Makers and roles
Sèvres Porcelain Manufactory (established 1756), Porcelain manufacturer