A hall chair bearing the Morgan family crest.
Hall chair. One of four mahogany hall chairs with an oval back containing a recessed painting of a stag's head (the Morgan family crest), c1850. The rectangular seat tapers towards the back. With straight front legs and splayed back legs which are joined by an H-shaped stretcher. There is a recessed handle in the back of the chair.
Part of the original collection of Tredegar House acquired by the Morgan family prior to 1951 to furnish the property. Acquired by Newport City Council from 1974-2012. On loan, with Tredegar House, from Newport City Council to the National Trust. In March 2012 the National Trust took over the management of Tredegar House with its contents and its 90 acres of gardens and parkland, from Newport City Council for a period of 50 years.