Brass and steel
50 x 120 x 15 mmOrder this image
Tredegar, Newport (Accredited Museum)
Key. A brass presentation key, one of three, with steel end. Inscribed quatrefoil head with scrolled mounts, surrounding a central shield with Newport borough arms on one side and an inscription on the other. Acanthus collar, decoratively banded, turned shaft.
Part of the collection on loan to the National Trust from Newport Museum and Galleries. In March 2012 the National Trust took over the management of Tredegar House with its contents and its 90 acres of gardens and parkland, from Newport City Council for a period of 50 years. Presented to the Right Honourable Lord Tredegar by the architects Conyers Kirby & Son, March 11th 1889
Marks and inscriptions
Shield and quatrefoil border: PRESENTED / TO THE / Right Honourable / Lord Tredegar BY THE ARCHITECTS CONYERS KIRBY & SON / MARCH 11TH 1989. NEWPORT SCHOOL BOARD OFFICES.