1850 - 1900
45 x 258 x 258 mm
Place of origin
Tredegar, Newport (Accredited Museum)
Soup plate. A ceramic white soup plate, from Copeland Spode dinner service 1850-1900, decorated with blue cubic, “Portland Vase” pattern ending halfway into bowl with foliate design and the Tredegar coat of arms with the griffin and stag crest in the centre. The outer rim is fluted. Two chips to the rim and crazing on the underside.
Donated to Newport Museums and Galleries ('1st Yorke donation'). On loan to the National Trust from Newport Museums and Galleries.
Marks and inscriptions
Underside of base: COPELAND / [Crown] Underside of base: W. T. Copeland / & Sons / Stoke on Trent / England
Makers and roles
Copeland Spode , manufacturer (ceramic)