1300 x 910 x 360 mmOrder this image
Fenton House, London (Accredited Museum)
A French or Italian Renaissance walnut "buffet a deux corps" of three tiers with a panelled back, the top tier fitted with a cupboard, the door carved with a reclining figure of Father Tiber - his right hand is raised in benediction, his left holds a trident. At his feet are Romulus and Remus with the wolf, with a star above them. The door is flanked by three rectangular panels carved in relief. On two baluster supports, resting on moulded shelf, with two columns beneath. The base with extending moulded edges, on four bun feet.
Bequeathed by Lady Katherine Binning (1871-1952) with Fenton House in 1952.