152 mm (H)152 mm (W)
Place of origin
EtruriaOrder this image
Clandon Park, Surrey
[Salvaged] 130 Art Nouveau ceramic tiles, blue and white positive and negative pattern. The name of the tile pattern is 'Pea' circa 1892. The reverse of the tiles is stamped in a grid pattern "Josiah Wedgwood & Son Etruria". The tiles remain in place in a cupboard with a wash hand basin in a ground floor dressing room. In addition, there is remains of a box of unused tiles (surplus to their use in the 1890s).
Part of the listed building. Given to the National Trust in 1956 by Gwendolen, Countess of Iveagh.
Marks and inscriptions
Reverse: JOSIAH WEDGWOOD & SON ETRURIA
Makers and roles
Wedgwood , maker
Undercroft Display Spring 2021, Clandon Park House, 2021