Historic Services / Food & drink preparation
490 x 455 mm; 332 mm (Diameter)Order this image
Felbrigg, Norfolk (Accredited Museum)
On show at
Legend has it that this ship’s kettle belonged to Admiral Windham, captain of the Mars, who helped to capture four French ships. Today it forms part of the large copper batterie de cuisine on show in the kitchen.
Copper ship's kettle. Rounded body on a recessed base. Lidded spout. Domed lid with loop handle stamped with 'A.J.M.B.'
Part of the Windham Collection. The hall and contents were bequeathed to the National Trust in 1969 by Robert Wyndham Ketton-Cremer (1906-1969).