Stained glass panel
In the 1840s the Great Hall was radically altered. Heavy oak door-cases were installed, a new ceiling with huge wooden pendants was fitted and these stained glass windows dating from 1450 to the 19th century were added. Today the glass creates beautiful patterns on the walls and floor in the afternoon sunlight.
A collection of stained glass incorporated into Window 1 (south east) of the Great Hall. Glass is mounted into upper two tiers of the windows. Comprising - 15th-century Flemish roundels and copies of St Peter Mancroft panels by John Dixon in 1837.
Part of the collection of stained glass amassed in the mid-nineteenth century by William Howe Windham (1802-1854). Part of the Windham Collection. The hall and contents were bequeathed to the National Trust in 1969 by Robert Wyndham Ketton-Cremer (1906-1969).