A mahogany half tester bed, English, circa 1850 the canopy with a moulded arched cornice and an arched foot board with turned baluster supports continuing to bun feet and surmounted with turned finials. Bed hangings comprising of two side curtains and lining, back curtain lining, base valance, pelmet with green wool fringe. Hangings originally made for a four poster bed. Cream fabric with pink rose buds and blue leaves with brown dots between (spare fabric in attic). Textiles renewed 2004.
Part of the Windham Collection. The hall and contents were bequeathed to the National Trust in 1969 by Robert Wyndham Ketton-Cremer (1906-1969)