97.5 x 74.7 x 57.5 cm
Place of origin
EnglandOrder this image
Uppark House and Garden, West Sussex (Accredited Museum)
On show at
A mahogany side cabinet, circa 1775, from a pair, with a rectangular veneered top above a panelled door centred by a circular recess, with applied carved rosettes and leaves to the sides, on toupie feet with carved ogees and brass foliate finials. The pair of cabinets were intended for the dining room. They are both lined with led to the interior as "coolers" : one cabinet opening with the single door to a cupboard surmounted by a sliding tray, the other cabinet opening with an hinged top to a deep compartment.
Purchased by the National Trust in 1978 from the Trustees of the late R.J. Meade-Fetherstonhaugh, Esq.