Birch and Gaydon
Brass, Cardboard, Paint, Tin, Wood
82 mm (Length)82 mm (W)
Place of origin
WorcesterOrder this image
Snowshill Manor and Garden, Gloucestershire (Accredited Museum)
Assorted fragments - Contained in a square 'Birch and Gaydon, Horologist and Jewellers, 172 Fenchurch Street London' cardboard box are several assorted fragments as listed. One rectangular cardboard lid to a box originally 'George Burley and Company, Goldsmiths and Jewellers, 64 High Street, Worcester' with new handwriting on label 'Gunpowder taken from a cannon of the ship, Mary Rose, 1536' (C.F. SNO.G.65 in Admiral which is the specimen bottle containing the gunpowder). One tapered wooden bollard with nail (Model Village?), one piece of wood with beading, one small wooden drawer with brass handle, one fragment of copper sheet, one bent piece of brass rod (possibly loading gauge from Model Village Railway?), one lozenge shaped piece of cardboard, one stylized tin oak leaf painted gold, one metal chain with ring to centre, one broken decorative crank and two moulded wooden roses on a brass ring.
Given to the National Trust with Snowshill Manor in 1951 by Charles Paget Wade.
Makers and roles
Birch and Gaydon Burley and Co.