1870 - 1899
Mahogany, brass, ceramic
108 x 114.5 x 50.7 cm
Place of origin
EnglandOrder this image
Sunnycroft, Shropshire (Accredited Museum)
A mahogany three-tier buffet server, English, late 19th century, each tier of rectangular form with moulded edges and plain frieze, supported by four turned columns with turned and flattened finials, terminating in brass caps and ceramic castors.
Sunnycroft was built in 1880 for J.G. Wackrill, founder of the Shropshire Brewery. It was bought in the early 1890s by Mary Jane Slaney who proceeded to extend the house and lay out the grounds to create the estate that is there today. After Mary Slaney died in 1912 the property was bought by her brother-in-law John Vernon Thomas Lander. Three generations of the Lander family lived at Sunnycroft. J.V.T. Lander's granddaughter Joan bequeathed the estate to the National Trust in 1997.