Historic Services / Water & sewage
Place of origin
Tatton Park, Cheshire (Accredited Museum)
A section of an old London water main made from hollowed tree trunk. Dug up by workers at St. James Park tube station in 1926. Presented to Lord Egerton by the Westminster Electric Supply Corporation. Standing on a plinth base with brass plaque.
Marks and inscriptions